Sunday, May 31, 2009

Reading Day!

The first day of our local library reading program is Monday. I told the kids that they could "earn" a reading day if they completed extra math last week. Both of the girls were up to the challenge!
We are planning to go pick up the reading sheets at the library in the morning, then they can read all day long!! They each already have a stack of books ready to go:) Haley thought she would get her tent out and take a pillow inside to read.
It's awesome that they will be reading all day long and think it's a privilege!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, and I'm stealing it. :) I've decided to try to kill 2 birds with one stone by having them earn a reading day with good behavior. I have a jar ready to fill with beads everytime I catch them "being good", and everytime someone's first response to a question is "I don't know" I'm taking one out. Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete