Thursday, May 14, 2009

Broken Record

Sometimes I wonder IF my kids ever listen to me. I think I am turning into a broken record a lot! Yesterday was just one of those days! All day long I was repeating the same things:

"Haley, remember order of operations!"
"Maddie, where do you put your dishes when you're finished eating?"
"Hunter, time to go potty. Hunter, time to go potty. Hunter, NOW!"
"Madeleine, stop the whining!" (Notice I use her full name for this one. LOL)
"Girls, there's another pencil on the floor the dog's going to get!"
"Haley, you have to indent the beginning of a paragraph."
"Haley, where do you put your dishes when you're finished eating?"
"Hunter, go back and wash your hands."
"Hunter, you don't hit or kick!"

. . . . . . and I could go on and on!

Hopefully today will go much more smoothly for all of us. Despite the numerous reminders I had to give, they did work hard and got a lot accomplished yesterday. Haley is working on writing her research paper. She was forgetting to indent EVERY time she got to a new paragraph, however, she was doing a great job organizing her notes into separate ideas for different paragraphs. She got about half of the paper written yesterday. She is getting to some pretty tricky algebra work, but is doing very well. I am a little concerned that I do not know exactly how to teach the stuff. I know how to do everything, but hope I'm telling her the correct way to do it! It might not be a bad idea for her to take Algebra II at the Learning Center next year! Maddie and Haley are answering chapter questions together over the book they read: One Day in a Tropical Rain Forest. They are finishing up all their rain forest work this week and we are having a culminating party tomorrow night! Yeah! Hunter read "Go Dog Go" all by himself. He only had trouble with a few words. His reading fluency is getting a lot better and his attitude has improved a TON! He doesn't fight me when I say it's time to read anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment