Monday, April 20, 2009

Stubborn as a Mule!

It took me an hour and a half to get Hunter to go to preschool of his own free will, LITERALLY!! We have learned in the past (the hard way!) that if he says he is not going to do something, not to push it. He decided this morning that he was not going to go to preschool. At first I pretended like I did not hear it. I figured if I could get him excited about it before I acknowledged that he didn't want to go, I wouldn't have any problems. No such luck! He stood at preschool for 30 minutes outside the classroom with a frown and arms folded across his chest. Every time Ms. Rachel would tell him something fun that they'd be doing, he would grunt and pout even more.

So. . .finally, I brought him home. He immediately went to his cars and race track. I told him that he didn't get to play with it because he didn't go to preschool. We were going to work on writing letters and reading books ALL DAY! He said to me, "I will go to preschool, then come home and play with my cars!!" End of story. We drove back to the school and in he went!

Hunter definitely has a mind of his own! The girls are and always have been very compliant and obedient. I guess he makes our lives interesting :)

Haley has JET today. They are doing a unit on time. She had some homework over the weekend where she was to illustrate an idiom that dealt with time. She drew her daddy with a little stubble for "5:00 Shadow." She made clocks for his eyes that depicted five o'clock. I thought it was pretty cute!

Maddie is home alone with me today. She has finished her math and we are getting ready to practice the piano. I am a little bummed because the sun was out this morning, but it has become overcast and is drizzling!

No comments:

Post a Comment