Thursday, April 16, 2009

Research

This is an exciting day for the girls! They get to do research on a rainforest animal. We are headed to the library this morning to see what resources are available. Haley has chosen the manatee and Maddie has chosen the sloth. I wish I could get them this excited about math.

Our basement is starting to look a tad bit like a classroom. I have a timeline hung that I created when I was teaching. Every time we study something in history, I plan to write it on the timeline. I was really surprised by how little Haley seemed to know about history. She knows a lot of facts (things that happened), but for instance, she didn't know that the first settlement was BEFORE the Revolutionary War. She knows all about the Boston Tea Party, but couldn't tell me in which century it occurred. I think the timeline will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment