Thursday, October 8, 2009

Duet Night

I had my 4th Annual Duet Night last Friday night. Aside from 6 students backing out at the last minute, the recital went very smoothly. I can never predict accurately how long the recital will last. I had predicted 30 minutes, but it was closer to 50! It was an awesome program of duets and trios. My students worked so hard on their pieces of music and I was very proud.

I started having Duet Nights in the fall because I wanted the students to benefit from playing with others. It is so good for their listening skills as well as their counting!

Haley ended up playing five duets because she took a couple parts for students who couldn't make it at the last minute. She handled it beautifully.

Maddie played a duet called "Dreaming" with one of my students. It's the first duet she's played that is more lyrical than technical. Maddie and Hannah both worked hard on playing together with all the dynamics, ritardandos, etc. They pulled it off and it was beautiful!

Hunter played for the first time at duet night! He and another 4-year-old boy played Setting Sun. They stumbled a little bit in a couple spots, but overall stayed together pretty darn well for their age :)

The kids were rewarded for their performace by being allowed to skip piano practice on Saturday. We also celebrated with caramel apples Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment