Friday, June 19, 2009

Bead Challenge

I decided to create an incentive for the girls to get their work done without complaining. I got out a bucket of beads and for each positive thing I see from them, they receive a bead. When they accumulate 100, they will get to go to Auntie Anne's for a fresh mix-in lemonade. (and maybe a pretzel, too:)

Monday (the first day of the contest) was really rough. Haley only had 5 beads in her cup at the end of the day and Maddie only had 7. However, on Wednesday, they started getting the hang of getting their chores and work done without any reminding.

Over the week, I've heard many more phrases such as "May I please be excused to put my dishes in the dishwasher," or "Hunter, can I help you write your numbers?" If they continue to work hard, I think we will be able to get our reward next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment