Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back to Work!

After taking two wonderful days to READ, we were back to work this morning. We have two more days to finish up our government unit. Haley is finalizing her speech today. The girls are learning about the three branches of government as well as presidential duties.

Hunter has been doing better with his reading. He actually is sitting down and concentrating now and we're able to get through several books in a session.

Maddie is getting to some really tough math, but seems to enjoy the challenge. She is so proud of herself when she masters something new. She is now adding, subtracting and multiplying fractions. She even had some mixed numbers she had to add today. I'm a tad bit worried that 2nd grade math is going to be extremely boring for her next year. I'm sure I'll be doing math with her after school; I just don't want her to get turned off sitting through adding, subtracting and simple fractions for an hour each day.

We just found out that Maddie will have the 1st and 2nd grade teachers that I requested. I obsevered both teachers and each of them worked with Maddie a little in the classroom. I am thrilled that both of them will be teaching her next year! The school was also very accommodating when I requested to pull Maddie out on Tuesdays for both Spanish and Native American History Classes! She will be pulled out from 10:45-1:15 every Tuesday. They will try to schedule the class library visit during this time and she will also miss lunch and recess. (I'll have to pack a lunch for her to eat in the car).

No comments:

Post a Comment