Sunday, September 13, 2009

Planning for Bubble Gum Day!

I told the kids today that we would have a bubble gum day IF they could convince me that it would be educational and a learning experience. Rachel and I have a ton of fun ideas and are planning a great day for the kids!

I was blown away at all the ideas Maddie and Haley were coming up with!!! These are a few of their ideas: (many of which I hadn't even thought of!!!)

1. math: write equations with the number of bubble gum pieces in different packages
2. math: write different problems about bubble gum
3. spelling: learn to spell the different flavors of gum (ie: grape, peppermint)
4. spelling: see how many words you can come up with from the letters of "bubblegum" (and spell correctly)
5. history: learn about famous people who loved gum
6. geography: Find out where bubblegum is made
7. history: find out when people discovered gum
8. science: see if gum sinks or floats
9. science: see if gum is attracted to a magnet (Haley added that she knew the answer already, but that we could test to make sure :)

I think that they will have a BLAST. It will be especially fun for my kids, since they've never before been allowed to chew gum. LOL I'm sure they'll have sore jaws at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment