Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Off and Running (Literally)

I've discovered it's going to take several weeks to get into our routine. I think we have a schedule for the girls that will really challenge them in all areas, though, so I'm willing to do the running around.

Haley has started her Movip Algebra and is finished with 3 weeks worth of material in just a couple days. Of course, they always start the year off pretty easy. I'm sure it will get more challenging. .. .

Maddie's Movip class STILL isn't working!! She hasn't even received her textbook or workbook in the mail yet. Oh, well. She's working hard in other areas for the meantime. They have calendar time in her first-grade classroom each day. I'm sure the teacher is quite shocked when she comes up with so many ideas to make the date. Yesterday, she told me that she gave Mrs. Leslie 4 ways to make 25: (5 squared), (5+5+5+5+5), (32-7), and (5x5). The other kids probably think she's speaking some foreign language.

Maddie woke me up at 7:30 this morning, practicing the piano. I really can't complain, right??

Hunter LOVES preschool. Yesterday, he started crying when I told him it wasn't a preschool day. Quite a change from last year, when I had to practically drag him in!!

All in all, it's been crazy, but the kids are really learning and LOVING it! Next week gets even crazier as they add their Tuesday classes to the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment